- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin or 1 can of pumpkin
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400, grease muffin pan well or line with muffin liners. Stir coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices into a small bowl. Stir to blend well and set aside.
- Place pumpkin in a medium bowl. Add the eggs into the bowl, mixing well with the pumpkin. Add melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend well with a whisk until the lumps are all gone but don’t over stir.
- Spoon into the muffin pan to 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown on top and passes the toothpick trick.
- Cool on a rack and serve.